The RCDC@SIGGRAPH plans to organize a ‘conference coffee’ event around this year’s SIGGRAPH conference. The idea of this event is to facilitate connections between researchers through a casual meetup format.
The conference coffee aims to emulate the random encounters and interactions between researchers which make up the true spice of in-person conferences. Sign up to get connected to other SIGGRAPH attendees during the event.
In short, the conference coffee-program will look as follows:
– You will be assigned to a group of 3-5 people based on your desired meeting time and (research) interests.
– Before the conference, you will receive an email with the group assignment.
– One group member will be tasked to schedule a time and meeting place.
– You can meet other members through (1) the conference platform, where you can create a Zoom meeting room or (2) any other software that is preferred by your group, e.g., Discord, Gather.town.
We highly encourage conference coffee attendees to register for the SIGGRAPH conference.
We will only use the information provided in this form to match you with other researchers and only your name will be shared with other attendees to find you on the virtual conference platform.
While you are entirely free to discuss anything, we provide a few topics which can serve as social facilitator, replacing the usual ‘coffee’.
- Who are you?
- Your research topics.
- The talk you preferred so far.
- What did you learn?
- What did you not understand?
- What do you look forward to see?
- Group’s research topic.
- Research organization of the Lab/University/Company you work for.